PREP: 15 minutes COOK: 15 minutes SERVES: 6 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns
- 12 oz. can lager beer
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled/smashed
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 bratwurst
- 3/4 cup cheese sauce
- 1 Tbsp. beer braising liquid (from bratwurst)
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 3 Tbsp. shredded sharp cheese
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. garlic butter, melted
- 2 Tbsps. grated parmesan cheese
$has_video = '0';
- In a medium pan combine beer, thyme, garlic and red pepper flakes. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place brats in pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Turn off heat and allow brats to cool in liquid. Remove and refrigerate until ready to grill and serve sandwiches (this can be done ahead of time). Strain and reserve poaching liquid.
- In a small pot add cheese sauce and bring to a simmer. Add 1 T of reserved beer braising liquid, mix in mustard and shredded cheddar. Stir until cheese has fully melted. Keep warm.
- Bring a grill to medium-high heat and wipe down grates with oil to create a non-stick surface. Brown brats all over – about 2-3 minutes. Grill sliced peppers and onions until charred. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the inside top and bottom of KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Pre-Sliced Pretzel Slider Buns with melted garlic butter.
- Place on grill and mark off both sides of bread, warming them through.
- To assemble, slice brats on the bias into bite sized pieces. Spread out on bottom sheet of buns, Pour over cheese sauce. Top with grilled peppers and onions and shower liberally with grated parmesan. Place top sheet of bread on and serve.