PREP: 40 minutes COOK: 7 1/2 hours SERVES: 4
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
- 1 container GRILLO'S® Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 12 oz can or bottle of Kona Big Wave®
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1 pork butt (7-8 lb)
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp chili powder
Slow-cooked and basted with Kona Big Wave®, these melt-in-your-mouth sandwiches are fixin’ to make your day. This Southern Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe combines delicious meat with Kona Big Wave® and BBQ Sauce.
$has_video = '0';
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking with charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Add a small aluminum pan to the void side of the grill and fill it halfway with water.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients. Coat the pork evenly with dry rub, patting gently until the mixture adheres to the meat.
- When the grill reaches 250°F, place pork butt on the void side of the grill over the water pan, close the lid, and cook over indirect heat for four hours. While the pork is cooking, combine the Kona Big Wave® and BBQ Sauce in a medium bowl. Cook pork an additional three hours basting the pork every half hour until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 190°F. Continually monitor the grill temperature and add hot charcoal as needed, to maintain the grill temperature of 250°F.
- Remove the pork butt from the charcoal grill and let it rest for 15 minutes. Pull the cooked meat from the bone and place in a skillet with any remaining marinade and toss. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes to heat through and keep the mixture moist. To serve, brush on some of the remaining barbecue sauce onto the bottom bun of a KING'S HAWAIIAN® Hamburger Bun and stuff with some of the pulled pork mixture. Add GRILLO'S® Dill Pickles Chips. Add top bun and enjoy with a Kona Big Wave®.