PREP: 15 minutes COOK: 20 minutes MAKES: 8 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Pretzel Pre-Sliced Slider Buns
- 1 container GRILLO'S® Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 12 oz can or bottle of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale Beer®
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium size onion
- 4 spicy bratwursts, cut into halves
- 1 block of melting cheese
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Parsley, for garnish
- In a medium size sauce pot, combine 1/2 cup of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale Beer® and 1 cup of chicken stock (season to taste with salt and pepper). Let simmer down for 5 minutes. While mixture is simmering, slice onion into rings about ¼ inch thick. Add rings to mixture and cook until soft, remove and set aside.
- Slice bratwurst in half and add flat side down to a frying pan on medium heat. Fry bratwurst until browned and add mixture from Step 1 to the pan. Simmer for an additional 5-8 minutes, until bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- In a small saucepan add 1 cup of melting cheese and ½ cup of beer on low heat. Mix until well incorporated.
- Butter and toast KING'S HAWAIIAN® Pretzel Sweet Pre-Sliced Slider Buns. Spread 2 tbsp of whole grain mustard on the bottom buns and top with GRLLO'S® Dill Pickle Chips.
- Next add bratwurst flat side up and ladle beer cheese on top.
- Top with sautéed onions and parsley.
- Finish with the top bun.