PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 15 minutes MAKES: 12 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 2 packages KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Pre-Sliced Sweet Slider Buns
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb raw ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 large California avocado, pitted and sliced
- 5 strips thick cut bacon, cooked crisp
- 3 (1 oz) slices of white sharp cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- Start by caramelizing the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add in diced onions, letting the onion soften and turn a golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir to coat the onions, letting them caramelize even further (about 2 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the caramelized onions and mix completely.
- Form the chicken mixture into 12 equal size mini-patties. Grill the patties over medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or bake on a lightly greased baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, flipping over half way.
- Top each chicken patty with 1/4 slice of cheese, followed by two small pieces of cooked bacon.
- Spread mayo on bottom side of KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Pre-Sliced Sweet Slider Buns. Place sliced California avocado then chicken patty. Top with top buns, separate sliders and serve.