PREP: 20 minutes COOK: 10 minutes MAKES: 12 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, sliced in half
- Fill a heavy bottom pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 oz. cold beer
- 1/2 lb. cod fillet, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
$has_video = '0';
- Prepare the coleslaw, In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, honey, lime juice, pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a few spoonfuls of vinaigrette to the shredded cabbage and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate.
- Fill a heavy bottom pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil. Heat the oil until it reaches 375 degrees F.
- Place the 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and baking soda. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk the beer until just combined.
- Dredge the fish pieces into the seasoned flour. Dust off the excess flour and dip the pieces into the batter. Allow the excess batter to run off the fish and then, carefully add into the pot with hot oil.
- Fry the fish pieces for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the fish to a plate lined with paper towels to drain and immediately season with additional kosher salt.
- Assemble the sliders by spreading tartar sauce. Finish by placing a mound of slaw on top of the fish and cover with the other half of roll.
- Use a toothpick to secure the sliders together and serve immediately.