PREP: 30 minutes COOK: 10 minutes MAKES: 24 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 2 packages KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 16 oz. Grillo's® Dill Pickle chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ seasoning
- 1 bottle of your favorite pineapple BBQ sauce
$has_video = '0';
- Cut the raw port tenderloin into 1/4-inch thick medallions. Lightly pound the pork medallions with a meat mallet until the pieces are at even thickness, approximately 1/8 to 1-inch thick
- Place the tenderloin medallions in a food storage bag and pour the BBQ sauce over the pork until it's completely covered. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 - 60 minutes.
- While pork is marinating, create the spicy dill pickles. Drain and discard the juice from the pickle chips. Place Grillo's Pickles® into a bowl and add sugar, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and garlic. Stir the mixture and let it stand until the sugar dissolves. Place the mixture back into the pickle jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling.
- Remove the tenderloin medallions from the marinade and lightly sprinkle with BBQ seasoning.
- Once the grill reaches between 450 degrees F and 500 degrees F., grill the pork directly over the hot coals for 30 to 40 seconds on each side.
- In a small saucepan, heat the pineapple BBQ sauce until warm, about 5 - 10 minutes. Remove the pork tenderloin medallions from the grill and dip them into the warm sauce.
- Assemble the sliders on KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Slice each dinner roll. Place two pork tenderloin medallions on the roll and top with two spicy dill pickle chips. Spear with a toothpick and serve.