PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 30 minutes MAKES: 12 Sliders
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 package bacon, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 6 slices American cheese, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the beef and spices in a bowl. Press the beef into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish into a flat and even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil. Cook chopped bacon and onion. Drain excess oil on paper towel lined plate.
- Slice KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Sweet Rolls in half lengthwise. Place bottom half of rolls on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Top the bottom half of the rolls with the cooked beef followed by American cheese slices, bacon and onion. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls liberally with melted butter and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melty.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve hot.